We’re going to take a quick little break form our #Nsale posting to bring you an easy little DIY that you can make whenever you have a free 30 minutes. How amazing is that?
I have really sensitive skin. Like really, really sensitive – eczema prone skin. That being said, I have to baby my skin all year round in order to keep it hydrated and smooth. Now, I don’t know about you, but my skin is just as dry in the summer as it is in the winter – so exfoliating is an all year activity for me. I use a shower mitt, a dry brush, and multiple body scrubs to do this. I know it seems obsessive — but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.
Anyhow, two weekends ago, my nieces were visiting and I was trying to think of some fun things to do with them. When I was younger, I used to love to make my own beauty products – lip balms, soaps, lotions – I did it all. There’s just something about “DIYs” that are so special and cool. Anyhow, I decided we’d go that same ^^^ route and make this amazing Lavender Sugar Scrub. I figured it would be something they could easily take home, we could make one for their mom (my sister in law), and it would be an easy (and inexpensive) activity that they could duplicate whenever they wanted to for friends or family.
There are so many amazing things about this DIY 30 minute Lavender Sugar Scrub….
- It’s inexpensive but luxurious
- It smells incredible
- It’s good for your skin – coconut oil is actually my favorite moisturizer – I keep a huge tub in my shower
- It makes an amazing gift
- You can make it in 30 minutes or less
30 Minute Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil – I always add a little more too 🙂
- Dried Lavender flowers – as many or as few as you’d like
- Mix all ingredients together and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pack the scrub in a mason jar.
- Label and wrap as you would like.
Shop This Post: