|| Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip Serving Bowl (it doubles as a cake stand!) ||
It is no secret around here – we are HUGE football people. Ashley is the biggest 49er fan in the whole wide world, and Emily just really likes to entertain and spend time with family and friends. The best part about football is that there’s something for everyone. Are we right????
Enter this healthy spinach artichoke dip! It brings Ashley’s love of the game and Emily’s love of entertaining together. So whether you’re more like Ashley and you’re a die hard football fan… or you’re more like Emily and you’re there for the company – this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is guaranteed to please. The best part is that you throw it in the crock pot, let it cook for two hours, and you don’t have to think about it again. Those are the best kind of recipes. It literally takes 10 minutes to assemble – so it’s a no fuss recipe. AND it is absolutely delicious!
No matter what kind of fan you are… there is nothing more important than preparing for the big game. If you are hosting, be it at your house or at a tailgate, the last thing you want to do is have to run to the store during halftime because you forgot an ingredient or ran out of something. That being said, we’re getting you prepped a day in advance with the best appetizer for the big game. You just throw everything in the crock pot – set it – and forget it!
Ashley has always been a little bit crazy about her game-day rituals. For example, she will never take a fan of the other team with her to the game. She will never watch the game anywhere but her house or at the stadium. And there are only a few people she will let come over and watch with her – no distractions. Emily has always made the cut – duh. We have been going to 49er games together since the Candlestick Days and were together for Ashley’s wedding at Levi’s Stadium this past April.
Ashley is the bigger 49er fan. So the fact that they are going to the Super Bowl AND that baby Joe is here to watch the game with her makes this season even more amazing. To help her celebrate, Em will be whipping up this amazing Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip – The Hillstone Dupe – and will be bringing it to her house for her and baby Joe to enjoy! 🙂 Hillstone is Ashley’s favorite restaurant in San Francisco, and she gets the spinach artichoke dip EVERY TIME she goes there. Thankfully, making this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is a breeze. All Emily had to do was substitute a few healthier items to her normal recipe.
Emily’s Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip – The Hillstone Dupe:
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen spinach – thawed and drained well (be sure you squeeze all the water out of your spinach – I just do this with my hands
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4oz reduced fat Neufchâtel cream cheese (this is 1/3 the fat of regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (you can omit if you are not into vegan mayo – just add another 1/2 cup greek yogurt)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- Sliced vegetables to dip- we used carrots, celery, and peppers
- Sliced bread or crackers for those not into being SUPER healthy
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot – cook on high for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally.
- Set to low
- Cook for another hour stirring occasionally
- Top with fresh parmesan
- Serve with sliced veggies, sliced baguette, or crackers.