This post is sponsored by Macy’s but all opinions are my own.
As I neared the end of my pregnancy I couldn’t help but think back on all the things I wore during that little mini season of my life. I started out in the fall wearing long tunics and leggings to try and cover my bump. All through the holidays I wore swing dresses. Then late winter hit, my belly kept growing, and maternity jeans, maternity tanks and blazers it was. And then, finally spring and summer – and maternity maxis were my jam. They were literally all I wore, and I had NEVER been more comfortable.
It is interesting, I had never been pregnant during the summer. William’s birthday is in April, and David’s birthday is in February, so I never had to look for clothing to keep me cool and comfortable in either one of my pregnancies. However, this time, it was a totally different story. That is why, for last past two months of my pregnancy all I wanted to wear were maternity maxis, and I found some of my absolute favorites from A Pea in the Pod at Macy’s.
The one in these photos is the most beautiful pale lilac, and it is the lightest chiffon – making it perfect for summer. Every time I wear it, I get SO many compliments, and it hugged my belly in THE most perfect way. I also loved that it is cut close to the body and unlike a lot of maternity maxis – it doesn’t make you look bigger than you are.
Other Maternity Maxis I Love:
- Gingham is my absolute favorite for summer, and this midi/maxi is SO adorable!!! I love the ruffles!
- This black maxi is SO classic and can be paired with a long cardigan or blazer for work.
- I love the colors of this peach watercolor maxi – it is PERFECT for summer.
- The delicate flowers on this beautiful purple dress make it ideal for weddings.
- Maternity goes boho chic with this adorable bandana print maxi.