What goes well with rosé? Well, everything of course! We have paired some our favorite wines with some great appetizer ideas. So whether you’re hosting a party, attending a bbq, or you just want to have a great snack with your wine — we have you covered. And the best part is — a portion of proceeds from One Hope wine goes to charity. That’s right you’re drinking for a good cause!
As you know, Emily is way better at this whole hostess thing. So I bribed one of my girlfriends (THANK YOU RACHAEL) to come over and help me with this post. She has a huge family so is used to entertaining for lots of people. When she asked what I wanted to make, I replied, “Something I can make on my own.” So we whipped up these prosciutto wrapped asparagus and a beautiful charcuterie board!
Before we get into the recipes I wanted to talk about the wine a little bit. We posted this photo on Instagram and everyone loved it! The bottle really stands out and adds sparkle to any get-together. As ignorant as this sounds, I had no idea that One Hope was a charitable organization until one of our friends from high school reached out after she saw our post. She works for One Hope and enlightened me about their brand and their beliefs: ”
The ONEHOPE Winery is in the heart of Napa Valley, California and Robert Mondavi Jr is our winemaker. 50% of their profits are donated to partnered causes (autism therapy, cancer research, animal rescue, and more). For example, the Riesling helps provide literacy education in the US. In addition to the partnered causes, they also donate 15% of half and full case sales from an in-home event, if someone chooses to host one and they can choose any non-profit they want!” How great is that? The Rosé benefits ovarian cancer. Every bottle sold helps educate 50 women on their risks and symptoms of ovarian cancer. 50% of the bottles profits go to Ovarian Cancer National Alliance. The Pinot Noir benefits pet adoptions (Pinot Noir) Every bottle helps shelter animals find and home and every case sold funds 1 pet adoption. 50% of the bottles profits go to the ASPCA.
Shop more wines here. One Hope seriously makes the perfect gift, so be sure to check it out!
Keep reading for recipes!
Grilled Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus
- 16 – large Asparagus spears with tough ends trimmed off.
- 16 – slices of prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons – olive oil (we used Pasolivo)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- – Trim off the tough ends of asparagus spears, wash thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towel.
- – Wrap each asparagus spear with a thin slice of prosciutto.
- – Brush the wrapped spears with olive oil
- – Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste
- – Place spears over medium heat (300°-350°F) on charcoal or gas grill. Cook until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender but not limp. (I don’t have a grill at home so I just used this grill pan over medium heat!)
How to Create the Perfect Charcuterie.
This all depends on your preferences — but I like a little bit of everything. Personally, I have been trying to maintain my cheese-free life (it’s so hard), but it’s always a people pleaser so I can’t leave it out completely. Since I can’t eat dairy, I added some extra dips to the spread! We got everything at Trader Joe’s — which was super easy because they have an amazing selection of cheese, plentiful spreads, and a great variety of nuts to choose from!
What you need:
- Hard cheese
- Soft cheese
- Meat of some kind – we did salami since we had prosciutto on the asparagus.
- Dips or spreads. Pictured: pesto, olive tapenade, and bruschetta sauce.
- Artichoke hearts.
- Marcona almonds for crunch.
- Champagne grapes for something sweet.
- Toasted baguette & crackers.