Ash and I have ALWAYS loved at home skincare tools. Even in high school we were obsessed with everything having to do with skin. Fast forward to now… we’re still at home skincare tool afficionados. From the GloPro, to the heel scraper, to our cult favorite high frequency machine, we’re always testing and demoing these items for you.
That being said, as much as we love at home beauty tools, I don’t think either of us ever thought we’d be stuck at home for months – with ONLY our favorite at home skincare tools. Now, more than ever, these tools are SO important! These are our ride or die favorite skincare tools. They all do something different and we love them all for different reasons. Enjoy!!!
Shop Our Favorite At Home Skincare Tools:
- Benefits: At home microdermabrasion is low risk and has a relatively rapid recovery; Microdermabrasion can help improve the skin’s appearance by reducing fine lines, early sun damage, and shallow acne marks. All benefits: Increased smoothness, brighter complexion, reduced appearance of fine lines, evened out skin ton, reduced appearance of dark spots.
- How it works: MicrodermMD is one of the first at-home microdermabrasion machines which uses dual-action therapy with a combination of diamond-tipped exfoliation and suction, enabling you to have microdermabrasion treatments at home.
- Cost: $299
- How you use it: For the first-time user, select Sensitive Mode. Hit the Start button. The screen will guide you through a simple treatment cycle for the entire face and neck in exactly five minutes.
- Benefits: Helps eliminate inflammation and perfect for acne prone skin
- How it works: Via Google: “High-frequency treatments use electrical currents that are set at just the right frequency to benefit your skin without, well, electrocuting you. When the glass electrode (attached to the base of the machine) is applied to the skin, it generates oxygen which kills bacteria and calms inflammation.” This is why we love it – and it is one of our favorite skincare tools.
- Cost: $36 – I have 3 different machines and they all work exactly the same – FYI.
- How you use it: The machine comes with 4 different glass nodules. You select whatever nodule you would like, you insert it into the plastic handle. Then you plug in the machine. When you turn it on, you should hear a light buzzing. Turn the machine to the desired level. Place one finger on the glass, place the glass nodule on your skin, remove your finger from the glass nodule, and gently move the glass nodule over your skin in gentle circular motions. Before you remove the glass nodule from your skin, place your finger on it again.
- Benefits: Helps all signs of aging, plumps skin, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, lightens stretch marks and uneven skin tone, and helps product absorb up to 200x better.
- How it works: As the mini needles roll over the skin, they create micro-injuries, and then your skin produces collagen to help heal those micro-injuries.
- Cost: $189 – or 6 easy payments of $31.50
- How you use it: Cleanse skin. You should only GloPro at night before you apply your nightly skincare. We love pairing with the R45. Place the desired tip on your GloPro. Separate your face into 4 sections, forehead, cheek 1, cheek 2, and chin. I also do my neck. Roll the GloPro over your skin gently. First vertically, then horizontally, and then diagonally.
- Benefits: It removes all of the dry dead skin from your heels!
- How it works: I usually do mine in the shower after I have been in the shower for a couple minutes. That way there is no mess. You just take the scraper to your heels, rub it back and forth, and within 30 seconds – all the dead skin on your feet is gone!
- Cost: $12
- How you use it: Rub the foot file over your heels in a back and forth motion. Move to the center of the foot and rub the foot file in circular motions here. Then move back to the sides of the heels and rub them in a back and forth motion.
- Benefits: Skin tightening and firming
- How it works: Nuface uses microcurrents to give a “natural” facelift. Via Google – “This safe and painless facial helps erase fine lines and wrinkles, while firming your skin and defining your features. It improves muscle tone, reduces puffiness, increases cellular activity, and tightens pores. Electro therapy tones the muscle underneath the skin. Think of it as a workout for your face. As the muscles under the skin are toned, the skin is more even and smooth.
- Cost: $300 and you can put it on easy pay!
- How you use it: Cleanse skin. Apply your choice of NuFACE Gel Primer in a mask-like layer in sections as you treat, beginning with the cheek. Skin should appear wet, and you should feel little to no sensation from the device. Turn the Nuface on. Place spheres on face – applying light pressure, glide the spheres slowly from your chin to your hairline, gradually moving up your face.
- Benefits: energize, enhance, revive and uplift your skin.
- How it works: The Uplift Massaging Beauty Roller is an innovative beauty tool for the face and body featuring a unique hexagon shape that holds 24 massaging stones to temporarily energize, enhance, revive, and uplift your skin. The Uplift utilizes a unique rhythmic rolling action to help improve the appearance of skin tone for a more renewed, youthful-looking you. You can use it anywhere – I like to use different angles for different parts of my face!
- Cost: $69
- How you use it: You can actually use this with no product, and you don’t even really need a mirror either. That’s why this is on the top of my list. It fits in your makeup bag, I throw it in my purse all the time! I do it while I’m in traffic, sitting in a parked car – anywhere, really! I do this on a cleansed face with a couple of pumps of the Colleen Rothschild serum.
- Benefits: Relieves fatigue, depuffs, reduces inflammation, reduces redness and shrinks pores.
- How it works: Cold temperatures cause constriction in the skin, resulting in a shrinking effect on the appearance of pores and blood vessels, creating a smoother, more even-toned surface over time. Cold treatments can also soothe inflammation and irritation, which is perfect for those who experience sensitivity or redness in their skin.
- Cost: $12
- How you use it: I store mine in the freezer in a ziplock bag (so it doesn’t touch food or anything), just pop it out in the morning and roll your puffiness away!
- Benefits: Better cleansing. Helps those with acne-prone skin by getting all makeup and grime off of the skin.
- How they work: Use a damp washcloth at night with your favorite cleanser to remove makeup and daily grime. They come in a pack of 12 so we use a new one every night and then wash on the weekends.
- Cost: $20
- How you use them: Literally just like any other washcloth. Use it damp to remove makeup. Wash frequently.
Like everyone around the internet, I made the switch to the Billie razor a couple months ago and I have been obsessed ever since. Billie is a $9 a month subscription razor delivery service made just for women. Its a super close shave, the packaging is adorable and it is cheaper than what I was using!
- Benefits: A closer shave, never having to think about buying razors, and cheaper than the razors I was using. Plus they are SUPER cute!
- Cost: $9 a month