Alright. As you all know, I am OBSESSED with my Garmin VivomoveHR. I love counting my steps. I love watching my resting heart rate. I love watching what stresses me out throughout the day – yes it tracks your stress! I love that it doesn’t look like your typical smart watch – it is seriously SO beautiful. I mean I could go on and on and on. And I will. But before we get there, let me just say, if you are looking for an amazing gift this Mother’s Day, a gift that the whole family can be a part of, look no further.
Also – FYI – my exact watch is part of the Mother’s Day Sale going on until 5/11!!! It is $50 off right now. IE… RIGHT NOW is the perfect time to grab it.
Shop Our Garmin Watches:
I am obsessed with my Garmin Vivomove HR, not only because I can be sure I am getting my steps in, but also because it ensures my kids are taking part in my active lifestyle! They love tapping on the screen and tracking my progress throughout the day!
For years I had a really hard time working out. I actually hated it. Since I was always somewhat “naturally thin” I thought I didn’t have to. It wasn’t until after having Caroline… and turning 30…. that I really decided to make a life change. I finally wanted to get in shape – for real. I wanted to do it for me – to get back to my pre-baby weight – but I also wanted to do it for my kids. For the first time in my life, I was seeing the big picture. I wasn’t working out to hit some kind of “goal weight”… I was working out to be healthy for my family. The most important thing in life that I can give my kids is a present and healthy mother. I touched on that back when I hired my personal trainer, but I can’t stress it enough. Working out and making sure I am making healthy decisions have been such positive changes in my life – and my Garmin Vivomove HR helps with both.
So why do I love my Garmin Vivomove HR?
- I love that it is SO chic and SO beautiful. When I first posted my watch on our Instagram stories, I could’t believe how many people wanted to know what kind of watch I was wearing! I love that it doesn’t look like a traditional smart watch, and I really love that I can wear it no matter what I am wearing – working out, or wearing a dress (as you see below)!
- I also love that it gives me SO much information. Prior to getting my watch, I had no idea what my resting heart rate was. I had no idea how little I was actually sleeping. I had no idea that I tend to get stressed during similar times of the day – and while having interactions with certain people. <<< Yes…. you can test this. I am obsessed with data and information. In my opinion the more data you have, the better, and I LOVE how much my Garmin Vivomove HR tells me.
- I also LOVE that wearing it makes me feel really good about myself. I used to get hard on myself when I would miss a workout, or when I felt like I had a day where I didn’t get as much done as I would have liked. It is amazing. On days like those, I just look at my watch and see that in reality… I have actually walked 4 miles around my house. On days where I’m not working out, it is amazing to see that I have taken 3,000 steps before we even get the kids off to school. On days when I am shooting for the blog, it is incredible to see that I burn 2,000 calories without even really trying.
- What’s more – on days when I actually am being lazy – I can see that too, and it motivates me. If I have been sitting still for a while, it prompts me to “Move!” – I love that.
- As you know, I am going to start training to run a half marathon in the fall, and I am SO excited to have my Garmin Vivomove HR there for the whole process. There will be a follow up post for that – don’t you worry!
How much does it cost?
- The Vivomove HR that I have is usually $199. But right now it is part of their Mother’s Day sale – until 5/11 – and it is $50 off, making it $149.99! It really is the perfect time to buy it!
How often do you have to charge it?
- Charging the watch is SUPER quick… 60- 90 minutes… and you can charge it from any USB. A full charge lasts 5 days for me!
What are your favorite functions of the Garmin Vivomove HR?
- The app that goes with the watch is seriously amazing. Your watch syncs seamlessly to your phone and you can check in on your progress all day long.
- I love the relaxation exercises. I have found that I am really bad at breathing throughout the day – and I love that my watch helps me do that.
- Like I said before I LOVE when the watch prompts me to move.
- I also love that the watch congratulates me when I hit my steps for the day!
- I am obsessed with the sleep tracking. I really need to work on getting more deep sleep, and I am so thankful that my watch and the app are helping me achieve this goal.
- I also love that you can see your historical data so you can see if you’re making progress in the right direction!
What about the Garmin VivoFit Jrs?
- FYI – if you don’t have these for your kids yet…. DO IT!
- These smart watches for kids are SO amazing. They track their active minutes so you can be sure they are getting their 60 minutes a day!
- They teach numbers – we have been working with William on reading the numbers on his watch so he can tell us how many steps he is getting.
- That being said – they track your kids’ steps.
- You can also make chore lists for each of your kids in the VivoFit Jr app and then the watch will prompt them to complete their chore list.
- Once they complete their chores – they can play a reward “game” through the app on our phones. It is SO SO SO fun, interactive, and cool.
- I will show you more of the functionality of the VivoFit Jrs on stories… but let’s just say… if you are looking for a seriously cool gift to get your kids or their friends this summer – the VivoFit Jr is amazing!
*** Thank you to Garmin for sponsoring this post ***