As many of you know – I have made it a point to be MUCH more active this pregnancy than in my last three. WOW it feels wild to say that. 🙂 Going into colder weather and the holidays always is my most challenging time with health and fitness, so I’m putting a couple of different habits in place to help me reach my health and fitness goals over the next few months.
Staying Healthy With My Garmin Vivomove Luxe:
1.) Drink 100 oz of water a day – I love that I can log my water intake on my Vivomove Luxe. It really helps me keep track of how I’m doing and my hydration for the day. Plus – more water is better for the baby… that is all that matters!
2.) 10k steps a day – This has always been Ashley and my personal goal. I really try to walk at least 3 miles on the tread a day (I usually do 1 hour at 3MPH and 3incline) that allows me to work while I am working out. And it keeps me feeling my best! I love when I hit my goal on my Vivomove Luxe for the day – it gives me little fireworks!
3.) At least 4 cardio workouts per week and 3 strength training days – Like I said, working out has been keeping me feeling my best, mentally and physically. For cardio, I hop on the tread or go for a walk with the fam. Ashley totally motivated me to get a treadmill – and I am SO happy that I did. Especially in the colder months coming, I love knowing that I will be able to get my steps in every day – rain, shine, or snow. For strength training, I use the Megan Roup Sculpt Society app. Either way, I am able to track all of my workouts on my Garmin Vivomove Luxe.
4.) Check in with my mind and body when I need to destress – This is one of my favorite elements of the Vivomove Luxe. It lets me know when I am stressed and when I need to calm down. Lately, it’s been letting me know I need to breathe more than I would like to admit. 🙂
Thankfully, my Garmin Vivomove Luxe helps me do all of these things, and it looks incredible while doing it. I have been obsessed with it ever since I got it and nothing has changed. I love how it holds me accountable, I love that it lets me know how I’m sleeping (TBH – those numbers are not great with my pregnancy insomnia and lack of CBD, but such is life) and I have really been loving the water log. All in all, the Vivomove Luxe helps me stay healthy and on track with my fitness goals.
What’s more – I have to say – the biggest draw for me with the Vivomove Luxe, is how gorgeous it is. The fact that it so seamlessly transitions from an active, “sporty” watch to a high-end fashion watch is such a strong selling point for us. All of that is just the tip of the iceberg!
How I Stay Healthy For The Holidays – With My Garmin Vivomove Luxe:
The Garmin Vivomove Luxe has everything you can think of covered:
- Step counter
- Move bar to remind you to get up from your desk and do a lap around the house!
- Auto step goal – which learns your activity level and assigns you a custom, daily step goal
- Sleep monitoring so you know how well (or not so well) you’re snoozing at night
- Calories burned
- Floors climbed
- Distance traveled
- Body Battery and all-day stress tracking
- Menstrual cycle tracking
- Water intake
- Stress Levels– My stress levels are very important to me this pregnancy and thank goodness my Garmin has been keeping me in check. I love that my Garmin tells me when I am triggered so I can avoid those specific situations. On days where my stress level is high, I take a walk, or take some deep breaths.
- Breathwork activities – Stress relief is so important, and breath work is such a huge part of that – both for sanity and keeping your immune system in tip top shape.
- Body Battery – Self-care is so important. If you’re running on empty, you’re not doing your health or mental health any favors. I love the body battery because it helps me as a cue when I need to get more sleep, take more breaks etc.
- Health stats – Having your resting heart rate, sleep, stress, respiration, pulse ox and more right on your wrist is a great way to keep tabs on your health and give you peace of mind.
There are SO many reasons why I feel the Garmin Vivomove is better than other smartwatches. Legitimately every reason out there.
- Aesthetics: It is just SO much prettier. I love that the Vivomove is a stunning timepiece. I really actually dislike the look of other smartwatches, so for me, the aesthetics of the Garmin are a sure win. I was just at my nail appointment yesterday and of course I was geeking out over all the new functions – and my nail lady said, “It’s just SO pretty. So much prettier than anything else I’ve seen.” I couldn’t agree more.
- Analog and Digital Display: The Garmin Vivomove Luxe has a digital display, but it only illuminates when you want it to. I love that it has both analog and digital capabilities – whereas most other smartwatches only have digital displays.
- Customization: There are SO many options when it comes to material, colors, and size. I love that you can choose from SO many different bands as well!
- Price Point: The price points vary. They cost anywhere from mid $200s to mid $500s. I love that you can choose from a variety of models and pick the price point that is right for you! They are also on sale right now and the sale is ending soon – such a great time to pick one up!
- The battery life: The battery life on a fully charged Garmin Vivomove is 5 days – it can vary based on your activities and if you have the pulse ox reading on – but still – with full data tracking on, my battery lasts about 4 days.
- The data is better: This is one of the main differences I learned while in Kansas City is that the data on the Garmin is above and beyond better than other smartwatches. The Garmin samples your heart rate once a second. Yes, you read that right…. ONCE A SECOND. The other smart watches I’ve looked into only sample your heart rate once every 5 minutes – or 5 seconds if you remember to put it in activity mode. Because of this constant sampling, the Garmin data is above and beyond the most accurate. Also because you only have to charge the battery once every 5 days – you’re not losing all that data while you take it off to charge.
- It tracks: Activity, steps, stress, sleep, your monthly cycle, pulse ox, your body age… SO MANY THINGS!
- Durability: We have heard so many people complain that other smartwatches break easily. The Garmin team tests the durability of all the watches extensively, and personally I beat up my watch, and I have never had any issues.
- I like that I can disconnect a bit:The one thing the Garmin doesn’t have is the ability to text back, or to actually take calls via your phone. Personally, I love this about the Garmin watch. It allows me to disconnect enough. And if I ever need my phone – it’s usually right there by my side.
- Almost all fitnesses enthusiasts choose Garmin: It was also interesting to learn that most serious elite athletes use Garmin watches because their data is so much more reliable and accurate.
Truly, the functions of this smartwatch are endless! And, as we mentioned before, the very best part is how good it looks with whatever you’re wearing. Whether you’re dressed up for date night, mid HIIT workout at the gym, or lounging around the house in your favorite pair of tie dye sweats, the Garmin Vivomove Luxe goes with everything.
In fact, it makes everything look better! Changing out the wristband on this watch is so simple that you might get addicted to adding more and more bands to your collection to cover your every mood. I love switching back and forth between my black and white leather bands. Whether you want more leather bands for a classy look or more silicone styles for your sporty side, Garmin gives you so many options to wear this smartwatch exactly how you want! Shop all the different band options here!
What sets the Vivomove Luxe apart? Here’s the deal… the Vivomove Luxe is the highest end Garmin fashion watch, and a lot of things set it apart from the other Vivomoves.
- 24k Gold plated stainless steel face
- Italian leather band
- Dual screens
- Color display
What size face do you both have?
What about wrist strap sizes?
This is a SUPER common question I get asked. “I have small wrists… will the watch fit me?” Neither Ashley or I have big wrists at all. We both wear our watches on the 6th hole in. In total there are 12 holes on the band. There is plenty of room, bigger and smaller! Not to worry!
Where can I get additional watch bands for my Garmin?
There are about 30 additional watch bands you can get to go with your Garmin! Click >>> here. They come in all kinds of materials: leather, nylon, silicone, suede and Milanese.
Which Vivomove is the midrange watch?
The Vivomove Style is the midrange watch and it is just a different material than the luxe. The Vivomove Style has an aluminum watch face and the Vivomove Luxe has a 24K gold plated stainless steel face. Mostly all the functionality is the same. All data tracking is the same.
Tell me about the Vivomove HR:
The Vivomove HR is an older version Garmin smartwatch – it has less functionality than the newer models. But if you are looking for an amazing entry-level smartwatch, the Vivomove HR is amazing! It costs around $200.
What is the best Garmin watch to get for a guy?
- For the fitness enthusiast: The Fenix
- For the working man: The Vivomove Luxe and sub a leather band
- For the watch enthusiast: The Marq Collection (this is going to be the next gift I get for Joe)
What happens if I need help with my Garmin watch?
One of the things we love most about Garmin as a company is that they are fully operated out of their Kansas City Headquarters. They are one of the largest employers in the Kansas City area and when you have a problem with your watch – not to worry – you will speak to someone IN the Kansas City office! Also – why I think the Garmin Vivomove is the best smartwatch option out there!
*** Thank you to Garmin for sponsoring this post ***