|| Vivomove Luxe||
As you all know, I went to Kansas City last week with the Garmin team and a group of bloggers for a very fun trip to celebrate the launch of the new Vivomove Luxe. You all know, Ashley and I are HUGE fans of Garmin watches! Even so, the event was amazing in that we actually go to sit down with the Garmin team, learn about Garmin as a company, and I was able to ask YOUR questions to some of the most senior leaders of the Garmin marketing team. HOW COOL IS THAT?
SO here we go… why I think the Garmin is the best smartwatch on the market.
Also – in this post I’m answering why you should get the Garmin over other smartwatches, what makes the Garmin SO incredibly special, and I’ll be going through the different models of the Vivomove so you can make the best decision on which Vivomove is right for you!
Garmin is one of the leaders in engineering and innovation when it comes to multiple market segments and product lines. Ever used a range finder? It was probably a Garmin. Ever used a depth finder on a boat? Probably a Garmin. What about navigation in most cars in Europe? Garmin too. Aviation navigation equipment? Garmin.
The company is incredibly impressive.
Why would you choose a Garmin Vivomove over other smartwatches?
There are SO many reasons why I feel the Garmin Vivomove is better than other smartwatches. Legitimately every reason out there. After spending time with the Garmin team, I don’t even think I can say anything even holds a candle to the Garmin. The Garmin Vivomove Luxe really is the best smartwatch.
- Aesthetics: It is just SO much prettier. I love that the Vivomove is a stunning timepiece. I really actually dislike the look of other smartwatches, so for me, the aesthetics of the Garmin are a sure win. I was just at my nail appointment yesterday and of course I was geeking out over all the new functions – and my nail lady said, “It’s just SO pretty. So much prettier than anything else I’ve seen.” I couldn’t agree more.
- Analog and Digital Display: The Garmin Vivomove Luxe has a digital display, but it only illuminates when you want it to. I love that it has both analog and digital capabilities – whereas most other smartwatches only have digital displays.
- Customization: There are SO many options when it comes to material, colors, and size. I love that you can choose from SO many different bands as well!
- Price Point: The price points vary. They cost anywhere from mid $200s to mid $500s. I love that you can choose from a variety of models and pick the price point that is right for you! They are also on sale right now and the sale is ending soon – such a great time to pick one up!
- The battery life: The battery life on a fully charged Garmin Vivomove is 5 days – it can vary based on your activities and if you have the pulse ox reading on – but still – with full data tracking on, my battery lasts about 4 days.
- The data is better: This is one of the main differences I learned while in Kansas City is that the data on the Garmin is above and beyond better than other smartwatches. The Garmin samples your heart rate once a second. Yes, you read that right…. ONCE A SECOND. The other smart watches I’ve looked into only sample your heart rate once every 5 minutes – or 5 seconds if you remember to put it in activity mode. Because of this constant sampling, the Garmin data is above and beyond the most accurate. Also because you only have to charge the battery once every 5 days – you’re not losing all that data while you take it off to charge.
- It tracks: Activity, steps, stress, sleep, your monthly cycle, pulse ox, your body age… SO MANY THINGS!
- Durability: We have heard so many people complain that other smartwatches break easily. The Garmin team tests the durability of all the watches extensively, and personally I beat up my watch, and I have never had any issues.
- I like that I can disconnect a bit:The one thing the Garmin doesn’t have is the ability to text back, or to actually take calls via your phone. Personally, I love this about the Garmin watch. It allows me to disconnect enough. And if I ever need my phone – it’s usually right there by my side.
- Almost all fitnesses enthusiasts choose Garmin: It was also interesting to learn that most serious elite athletes use Garmin watches because their data is so much more reliable and accurate.
What sets the Vivomove Luxe apart?
So here’s the deal… the Vivomove Luxe is the highest end Garmin fashion watch, and a lot of things set it apart from the other Vivomoves.
- 24k Gold plated stainless steel face
- Italian leather band
- Dual screens
- Color display
- It is on sale right now! Click >>> HERE.
What size face do you both have?
We both have the 42MM face and we love the look of it. It’s not too big or too small.
What about wrist strap sizes?
This is a SUPER common question I get asked. “I have small wrists… will the watch fit me?” Neither Ashley or I have big wrists at all. We both wear our watches on the 6th hole in. In total there are 12 holes on the band. There is plenty of room, bigger and smaller! Not to worry!
Where can I get additional watch bands for my Garmin?
Which Vivomove is the midrange watch?
The Vivomove Style is the midrange watch and it is just a different material than the luxe. The Vivomove Style has an aluminum watch face and the Vivomove Luxe has a 24K gold plated stainless steel face. Mostly all the functionality is the same. All the data tracking is the same.
Tell me about the Vivomove HR:
The Vivomove HR is an older version Garmin smartwatch – it has less functionality than the newer models. But if you are looking for an amazing entry level smartwatch, the Vivomove HR is amazing! It costs around $200.
What is the best Garmin watch to get for a guy?
- For the fitness enthusiast: The Fenix
- For the working man: The Vivomove Luxe and sub a leather band
- For the watch enthusiast: The Marq Collection (this is going to be the next gift I get for Joe)
What happens if I need help with my Garmin watch?
One of the things we love most about Garmin as a company is that they are fully operated out of their Kansas City Headquarters. They are one of the largest employers in the Kansas City area and when you have a problem with your watch – not to worry – you will speak to someone IN the Kansas City office! Also – why I think the Garmin Vivomove is the best smartwatch option out there!
***Thank you to Garmin for hosting me in Kansas City and for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own***