Thank you to Zappos for sponsoring this post; all opinions are my own.
Well, I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but it’s almost summer! That means Bridal Shower season is upon us. For everyone who has summer weddings this year, it probably means that you have a shower or two or three coming up in the next few weeks! This tie-sleeve floral shift dress by Adrianna Papell is absolutely perfect for any shower!
Shop This Post:
|| Floral Dress ||
- Do NOT wear white. I find a lot of these wedding rules and etiquette suggestions a little bit silly. I’m sure I will share more on this as we begin to plan our “wedding” – but this one I feel like is fair. Even to a bridal shower, I think it’s just a little tacky.
- Be comfortable: I’m going to just come out and say it – there is absolutely nothing worse than sitting there for over an hour watching other people open gifts. This can become exacerbated if your dress is super uncomfortable or you are out in the sun sweating all over your dress. This one covers all of those bases.
- Modesty at your discretion. I don’t like to get too serious with these rules, and god knows I have broken them many times but I am at the age where I care a bit more. You never know whose 90-year-old grandma will show up to the party, so make sure you aren’t showing too much skin!
- Be yourself. This one sounds so simple, right? Well – I feel like there is a lot of pressure to wear pastels, a floral print, or jewel-toned dresses to these kinds of events. If you want to wear black, wear black. You want to wear some wide leg pants with a crop top? Perfect!
- Wear flats if you want to. If you aren’t comfortable in heels, honestly, don’t wear them. I have faked it far too many times and at the risk of my own body. Since I am training so many days per week, even a little discomfort can really distract from my routine. Heels KILL my calves (these are the only ones I can wear for hours) and make my shin splits worse – so if it’s for longer than an hour, I won’t wear them, or I’ll bring a bigger purse and pack some sandals in there. And that’s okay. It’s your life girl, do what you want!