Shop This Post:
Hi Loves! I hope you’ve been having a good week! I am SO excited that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale goes public on Friday… Hooray! Now, all of you that have been waiting to shop it, finally can!!! Yayy!!!
In this post — I’m sharing all my favorite pieces from the sale — and my top tips and tricks for shopping from the comfort of your couch. Online shopping is one of my talents — if I do say so myself. 🙂
Unfortunately SO much of the sale has already sold out… most of my outfit in this post in unavailable now… BUT the good news is there are still amazing items left… you just have to shop them fast!
A couple of notes about my sizing in this post:
- I am wearing a size small in the button down – it is perfect. This is one of my favorite shirts in the world now, and I bought it in every color. The army green and the grey are going to be amazing for fall.
- My jacket is a size small, but I easily could have gotten an XS.
- The shoes run half a size small. I am usually a size 8, but in these the 8.5 was perfect! I hope that helps!
Shop Similar Favorites:
Ashley is super lucky because she lives right outside of San Fran and has a ton of amazing Nordstrom stores available to her. But where I live, on the other hand, all we have is a Nordstrom Rack. 🙁 So… in order to shop the Anniversary Sale, I had to shop online.
I live in a pretty small town (I love it) but our shopping is pretty dismal, so I am very used to shopping online. I get it, some people aren’t like me… some people love heading to the store and actually feeling and trying on the product. But, not me. After years of curating my online shopping technique… I have it down to a science… and I love it. There’s nothing that makes me happier than shopping from the comfort of my bed – not wearing a bra – with a glass of wine in hand – 🙂 Yes those shirts were made for me. I’m happy to say that everything I ordered from the sale was absolutely perfect… and the outfit in this post is Exhibit A.
Emily’s Tips For Shopping Online:
- Size Up: If I’m ever on the fence about sizing, I always size up – especially when it comes to sweaters and tops. Truth be told, I’m not 21 anymore – and even when I was – there’s no excuse for clothing that is too tight. It’s just trashy. Oversized clothing on the other hand, looks more chic than anything else. Long story short, I’ve never sent something back that is a little too large – A.) because it will probably shrink and B.) because it usually ends up looking better anyway. Items I bought in the sale that I sized up in, and was happy I did:
- Read the reviews: Now, this doesn’t apply to everything, but I like to read reviews on shoes and beauty products. What’s more, if an item has a very low rating, I also like to know why. A word to the wise… take all reviews with a grain of salt – positive and negative.
- Check for the model’s size: A lot of times websites will list the model’s size and measurements and it can be incredibly helpful. I take a look at the model’s measurements, I compare them to mine, and then I can more easily gauge what size I am. I also always know that a knee length dress on the model is going to be a midi dress on me – 5’6″ vs. 5’10″… it is what it is. 🙂
- If you’re still not sure – Google the product: If I’m still not sure what to do, I google it. Chances are a blogger out there has reviewed the item, or another website has better photos, reviews, and/or feedback.
- Invest in a steamer – and steam your purchases when you get them: I have said this before and I stand by it… Everyone needs a steamer. It’s SO much better for your clothes than constant dry cleaning or ironing. Not to mention it’s SO much easier, and you never have to worry about damaging delicate fabrics. Furthermore – for the purpose of this article – there’s nothing more deflating than spending your hard earned money on beautiful clothes, just to get winkled messes wrapped in plastic. So the first thing I did when I unpacked all my items yesterday was steam them – and voila!… Good as new.
I hope these tips and tricks help you take the online shopping plunge. If you’re like me… you’ll never look back! XooX