Thank you to Zappos for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
I am back with another fitness post! This time, the brand is Onzie (pronounced Own-Zee) — an affordable, yet extremely stylish brand available at Zappos. My fall fitness routine is very important to me. I like to get my body and mind in order before the craziness of the holidays set in. Last year, I did a little detox around this same time. And I think I might do the same this year! Keep reading for my top 5 tips for staying fit during the holidays.
Shop This Post:
|| Leggings || Tank || Bra || Sneakers ||
It’s really important to me to stay focused during the holidays. I like to be in tip-top shape before the New Year, so I won’t feel the need to make a resolution. I can’t believe we are already talking about the holidays. But here we are at the end of October. Where did the time go? Between all the travel, events, family time, and tempting treats, it can be pretty hard to stay on your A-game during these few months.
Here are a few tips for staying on track during the holidays that work for me:
- Eat before you go to events or parties. This will help you from being tempted by the cookies, dips, and pumpkin spiced everything. But last year, I finally learned that just because you only get things “once a year” does not mean you have to eat them. Or if you’re pinched for time, try and drink lots of water before you start eating. Fill up on things like veggie crudites, shrimp cocktail, or the meat from a charcuterie platter.
- Stay sober. I know this is no fun. But this is honestly my number one tip for anyone wanting to lose weight – holidays or otherwise. Drinking leads to late night eating, hangover eating, skipped workouts, days spent laying in bed, and so many other awful things. I know it’s fun and definitely helps deal with the stress of awkward family situations – but it’s just not worth it.
- Prepare your closet for the weather/travel. I am not a good packer – you guys know this. So when it comes time to travel for the holidays, I always overdo it. I have been trying to find some good lightweight activewear that travels well, and will also keep me warm. Gone are the days of cropped pants, and working out in just a sports bra. Since this a pretty spendy time of year, I especially love the brand Onzie. Their prices are seriously AMAZING, especially for active wear, but you aren’t giving up any quality. Their pieces pack well, wear well, and fit well. This time of year, I love to wear long pants (I know mesh doesn’t actually keep you warm, but it’s cute, okay?), higher necked bras add a little extra warmth, especially when running outside, and I love to layer long sleeve tees over my workout tanks (this one is sooo cute!). I also love this hoodie, this jacket, and these pants.
- Don’t skip workouts. Just because you’re traveling, or you’re “busy” doesn’t mean you should skip workouts. It can actually add more stress if you do! If you are worried about missing out on family time, then plan an activity for you to do with your family. My dad, sister, and I always take the dogs out for long walks, or hikes. Even just hitting the treadmill for 20 minutes before a shower can help. My favorite workout of the year is actually always on Thanksgiving. Whether it’s the Turkey Trot or a Barry’s class, I just feel extra thankful for a strong and healthy body.
- Stay hydrated. I know I know; common sense. And this sounds silly, but sometimes when I’m not super hot, I can forget to drink water. I have to remind myself that this is the reason for puffy eyes, dry skin, breakouts and so many other things. My spray tan girl told me last week, that that is her number one tip for keeping your tan lasting long. Drink water! And lots of it, I find drinking it out of a cute bottle sometimes helps.
So, there you have it. All my fitness survival tips for the holidays. I am super excited to take my Onzie gear home for the holidays. I did want to mention their sizing. As a curvier girl, I was extremely nervous to order tops that were one size fits all. Because, 99% of the time, that is not true. But everything fit just fine! I also picked up this pair of leggings, which I featured in my last try-on session. I took them to Chicago last week, and they really did take up little to no space in my suitcase, and kept me warm in the wind. Head to this post to see the video of me trying all of this on!
The best part is, Onzie is available at Zappos. So if you are looking for a last minute gift, or you forgot to pack your workout clothes for your trip home, their fast shipping and amazing customer service will get you your gear in no time!
How cute are those leggings? Love the sheer mesh sides!
Those leggings are too good! I need them!
I LOVE Zappos and I am loving this workout look!! Those leggings are fabulous!
So many good tips!!! And, you look HOT!!!! Love the workout onzie!!
Oh my goodness you’re such a babe! And LOVE those leggings!
You are GORGEOUS in every type of outfit!!!!!!! I love shopping at Zappo’s!!!!
Onzie is my favorite work out wear. Their leggings are the best!
Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com
Omg I need these leggings ASAP! So cute girl!!
These are great tips. Stay hydrated is common sense but it one of those things that is so easy to forget.
I loveeee the mesh leggings! They are amazing on you!
These leggings are so cute! I love mesh details on my activewear!
The Glitter Gospel
Great tips! I love this fitness look!
Xo Mindy amixofmin.com
I love these leggings on you and these tips are so great! I’m personally going to try and drink less the rest of this year because quite frankly I’m the worst hungover person in the world and am sick of waisting precious time feeling like crap! Thanks for the motivation girlfriend!
I love this outfit sweetie! And you are so right about the importance of eating before you go to a party!
These are great recommendations! I’ve never thought to eat prior to leaving for an event but I think that could be a major game-changer. Your workout clothes are so cute! I’ll have to check out more of what Onzie has to offer!
Ooh I love Onzie! I need these leggings!