I’m not going to lie, this post was a total accident. I found Joe’s Jason Markk premium shoe cleaner kit laying around in our bathroom as I was packing my stuff up for New York. I hadn’t been wearing my Gucci sneakers that much because they were dirty and I hated the way they looked. I’d asked multiple people at different Gucci stores, and department stores how to clean them, and honestly, they were clueless. One guy told me to buy the Coach leather cleaner, k. The other ones just kind of mumbled and said they didn’t know — how did the employees not know how to clean Gucci sneakers. Not helpful at all. So I decided to test out this kit.
Shop this Post:
How to Clean Gucci Sneakers:
- Buy the Jason Markk shoe kit. It’s only $30 bucks and totally worth it — it makes your investment pieces look brand new! It comes with the brush and the solution.
- Fill a bowl with warm water.
- Dip brush into the bowl.
- Put some cleaning solution on the brush.
- Dip the brush back into the bowl.
- Begin scrubbing your sneakers. You can repeat this step as many times as necessary.
- Wipe off with a clean towel.
And that’s it — you’re done. I’m not going to lie. This entire process took me about three minutes. If I wanted to try even harder, I’m sure I could have gotten them perfect. Next time, I will take out the laces, wash them, and really get a good scrub.
I was honestly just so excited about the results that I came straight here to write this post.
The before and after photo is completely unedited and unfiltered. I snapped it RIGHT before and RIGHT after I cleaned them.
If you liked this post, I also shared some care and cleaning tips for over the knee boots in this post.