In case you missed it, I was on ABC 10 Sacramento on Sunday talking about “Taking Back the Tailgate.” Check it out below!
This whole thing came about from this post I did with Seven Daughters. For me, football has always been a way of life. But I know this is not the case for many women. We wanted to educate women how to “Take Back the Tailgate.”
Some of my tips included:
- Dressing the part. Think a cute team t-shirt, paired with a leather jacket, distressed jeans and booties (these ones are on sale!).
- Use your team colors to accessorize, if you’re a niner fan like me, check out this
- You don’t have to drink beer! Thanks to Seven Daughters — you now have your Pinot to go, genius!
- As you know, I am currently in the third week of my fall cleanse — which means dairy, sugar and gluten are out. Which pretty much rules out every single tailgate snack option. Check out these Paleo Bacon Pineapple Bites from Nom Nom Paleo. Others snacks I like to bring are: meatballs, salami & pepperoncini roll ups, and guacamole with veggies instead of chips.
- Put your own flair on the decorations — no one likes those huge ugly flags. Check out this garland, or this one, and these cute red and gold straws!