We have been making these breakfast burritos for years now, and they are a TOTAL family and Two Peas Fam favorite!
Shop This Post:
Shop The Panini Press:
What do I love about these breakfast burritos? Literally everything. They’re easy to make, they’re healthy, and they’re delicious. I also love that you can make any variety you choose… egg whites, turkey bacon, sausage, veggies, no veggies… you can use whatever you please. What’s more… they’re the perfect way to make breakfast for a crowd, you can make them ahead of time, and you can keep them in the freezer for 3-6 months. <<< How awesome is that?
Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Eggs ( I like to use at least 2 eggs per burrito – so for 12 burritos, I use 24 eggs)… for a lighter burrito I’ll use egg whites.
- Bacon, sausage, ground turkey, ham <<< really whatever breakfast meat you choose
- Cheese <<< you can use whatever cheese you like
- Sauteed Veggies <<< again, whatever veggies you choose
- Potatoes – tater tots, hash browns, breakfast potatoes – whatever you want!
- Large flour tortillas
SO let’s get down to how you make them. FYI – For these specific burritos I used: tater tots, a frozen bell pepper mix, sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese… but you can use whatever ingredients you want. First, I prep everything ahead of time. I tossed all the veggies (right now we’re using frozen veggies) in olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and then I roasted them on a sheet pan at 425 for 20-30 minutes. Then I cooked my sausage, and then I scrambled the two dozen eggs.
Next… I made my assembly line.
- I assembled the burritos – eggs, bacon, cheese, potatoes and folded them into a burrito shape…
And Voila! You have the easiest – make ahead – breakfast burritos!
To bring them to friends, or to freeze them, I wrap them all separately in tinfoil and place them directly in the freezer. To warm them up… unwrap them, place them on a cookie sheet, and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 -45 minutes. Also, for ease – you can put them in the fridge the night before and just microwave them for 3-5 minutes depending on your microwave.
I like to serve mine with avocado, salsa, and sour cream… but really it’s up to you! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do – and be sure to let me know if you decide to make them! XooX