Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.
Despite what strangers on the internet say about me, I actually do work out. A lot. Every day, in fact. And while I don’t look like the typical fitness junkie, I still am one. People ask me all the time about my workouts and where I like to go in the city. So I thought long and hard and narrowed it down to three…
Shop The Post:
- This should come as no surprise, Barry’s Bootcamp. Everyone has their happy place and this is mine. See here, here and here to look back on my fitness journey with Barry’s. They just opened their third location in the Financial District, and if you’re one of those people who says they don’t have time to work out, the classes here are only 50 minutes, so no excuses! I will be hosting a special class at the Marina location on July 8 so stay tuned for that — we have lots of spots available for our readers! Yay!
- Flywheel Sports. This one actually did surprise me. I never thought I would be a “spin person” — but leave it to Jess Forseth, she got me hooked. I love the competitive aspect and the metrics of Flywheel. I always go into the studio with a goal to beat my previous power score (power score is a number that is generated based on your torq & rpms during class). Flywheel is great for people who hate cardio (aka me) because you can burn a quick 600 calories in just 45 minutes. Plus, when Jess is teaching, the music is so good, the time flies — see what I did there?? There are three locations for Flywheel as well: Market Street, Walnut Creek, and Sunnyvale. If you haven’t tried Flywheel before, your first class is free if you book in June! Reserve here and use code: “FLYJUNEFRIEND’
- Ritual Hot Yoga. It took me a lot of tries to finally find my place in the yoga world. I have tried so many different studios. I am also one of those people who doesn’t like to waste my time. So if I’m giving an hour of my day, I want something in return other than just a quiet hour to myself. Ritual is what I call my church. It’s challenging — physically and emotionally. The first time I took class, I didn’t think I would make it. But each time I leave there, I leave a better person. I cry 99% of the time I take a class, their passion and inspirational words keep me going back time and time again. Use code: “TWOPEAS” for $35 10-day New Student Previews!!!
If boutique fitness studios aren’t your thing, here are my favorite places to run, walk or hike:
- Mori Point in Pacifica. The view is worth every step to the top.
- Lake Merced. Flat, but long!
- Embarcadero. I park at The Ramp and run to the Ferry Building and back. Make sure you check the SF Giants schedule before doing so.
- Start at Fort Mason and run to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Tennesse Valley Trail. If you’re looking to escape the city, this is a great spot.
If you’re having a hard time finding the motivation to get into your summer workout routine. I just did a huge active wear shopping trip at Nordstrom. Putting on a cute new outfit is the best way to get your ass off the couch and out being active! PS, this crop top just went on sale for $26!!!