To wrap up my New York Fashion Week coverage (FINALLY), I am sharing the moments that didn’t make it to the fashion week posts. My top 5 moments from the trip — excluding any of the shows.
Shop this Post:
Top 5 Moments
- Dinner at Aureole. On the last night of our trip, six of us got together at Aureole and had the most amazing meal at Aureole. They had the most impressive wine cellar I have ever seen. We finally got to meet Liz from Pure Joy Home, so that was an extra treat. This was our one “fancy” meal of the trip so we didn’t hold back. We enjoyed oysters, foie gras, black cod, and literally ALL the desserts. It was such a delicious meal, in such a gorgeous space. Afterward, we headed across the street to Apres at the top of the Knickerbocker for some drinks with a KILLER view of Times Square. It was such a great finale to the trip.
2. Ivanka Trump HQ and Breakfast at Sarabeth’s. Often when we work with brands, it’s all over email, rarely over the phone. So to get the chance to get breakfast with the Ivanka Trump team was such a treat. The girls took us to Sarabeth’s right by Central Park. The place was super cute and the girls were SO sweet. After breakfast, they gave us a tour of the office which was the prettiest office I have ever seen in my life! The whole morning with them was perfect and it was so nice to be able to put faces with the people we’ve been working with after all this time — I wish more business was done over eggs benedict.
3. As weird as it sounds, I have never been to Central Park. After our meeting at Ivanka Trump HQ, we headed to Central Park to walk around. It was freezing, so we didn’t get to do that much exploring — but I can now check it off my bucket list of places I’ve always wanted to go. Speaking of that list — after the park, we walked over to The Plaza. I have seen it in a million movies, but there is just something so fun and whimsical about being there in real life.
4. For those Housewives fans out there — we did this for you. We had to stop at the infamous Regency bar — aka where Tom cheated on Luann. We asked the bartenders a million questions. Unfortunately, they all had to sign NDAs and couldn’t give us any information, but sometimes — body language says it all. The bar was super swanky, and they had Whispering Angel — so no complaints here.
5. Girl power. As cliche as it sounds, fashion week is all about girl power for me. It’s a week where you get to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. In a world that is so competitive at times, it’s refreshing to meet new and inspiring people and to see women building each other up. This trip, we took a lot more time to split up all the shows and sprinkle in some things we really wanted to do and that made all the difference in the world. Another thing that was so important to me, was to FINALLY see some diversity in the models. A few more designers used “normal” sized women as their models and I loved that. See the pics of Ashley Graham walking in Michael Kors here.
Until next season, New York.
Such a cute look! That coat looks the coziest!
xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com
What a cute coat! Sounds like you had a great trip too!!