With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought it would be fun to share some non-traditional last-minute Valentine Date ideas. I tried to come up with some ideas that wouldn’t break the bank, and that seemed more fun than just your average dinner and a movie. Whether you or your man is planning the date — there is definitely something to keep everyone happy!
Shop This Post:
Valentine’s Date Ideas:
- Take a workout class together. I love this because it’s killing two birds with one stone. Everyone loves a good sweat, and since Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday this year, it’s hard to make the time to celebrate unless you skip your workout. You know I’m a sucker for Barry’s; and what’s better than celebrating with the two loves of your life.
- Game night at home. If you or your man (or lady) are the competitive types, then this one is definitely going to be fun. This would also be great if you were celebrating with other couples.
- Spa day / night. Since Joe and I are traveling on the actual day, we are getting a couples massage and spending the morning together at the spa tomorrow. You could also recreate this at home with some face masks!
- Take a cooking class. This is something I’ve always wanted to do. It would be a fun way to meet other couples and learn a few new skills in the kitchen! I know I definitely struggle when it comes to cooking; so this would be fun AND useful!
- Order in & start a new show together. This is something we do regularly, but it’s one of our favorite “dates.” Lock your phone in another room and just enjoy each other’s company. We recently finished The Morning Show on AppleTV – SO GOOD.
- Watch the sunset. Depending on where you live, this is an amazing and free way to celebrate. We are lucky in California because the weather has been amazing. There is nothing more romantic than cuddling up and watching nature do its thing.
- Re-create your first date. This one can be tricky depending what your first date was. Funny enough, mine and Joe’s first date was at a Juicy J concert- so that obviously is hard to manage. But our second date was sushi in The Mission and we often go back to that same spot to celebrate special occasions.
- Do something philanthropic. This is something I vowed to do more of this year and I think it would be really fun and meaningful to do it with your significant other. Whether it’s volunteering at a food bank, homeless shelter, or helping kids in need, it’s a win-win.
- Breakfast in bed. This one is my favorite, there’s nothing better than starting off the day with breakfast in bed. It’s a really easy way to show someone how much they mean to you, plus, pancakes are always a good idea. Hint hint, Joe Hurd.
- Paint night. Paint night is a really fun and affordable way to spend time together. It allows you to be creative and show off your skills. Even if you are awful at painting, it’s still really fun!